Marya Roxx - Official Forum

Go Back   Marya Roxx - Official Forum » Marya Roxx » On The Road » European Tour 2009: Everything Else!

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 13:10   #1
frankie
Street Team Leader

Send a message via ICQ to frankie
Default Rock Hard Interview

hi fans,
i just found an older interview (but new for this forum) about marya roxx and her germany tour 2009 in the rock hard magazine,here's the link to it:

http://www.rockhard.de/index.php?smo...rJRtpz94rPL%3D

you can also become a member of this page and be part of their giant forum with thousands of members and threads,you can post in their forum about marya,trade merchandise,tell them about tourdates,etc.

marya has a page there too,here's the link:

http://www.rockhard.de/index.php?smo...D3ZmpmWt%3D%3D

i'm not sure yet if we can post our own reviews here,i'll let you know as soon as i get the answer of rock hard magazine but your username will show up behind marya if you add her as favorite band. it's a german speaking page,for all non-german-speaking members here's the english translation of this interesting interview

MARYA ROXX – Positive Surprise

Germany May 2009:
As support of teen-goth-starlet Lafee there was a 23 year old Estonian girl with the artist name Marya Roxx and she threw some wonderful tough hardrock into the rows of the surprised kids.

Marya has a dazzling past. She earned her first fame with a well known but today already forgotten Estonian girl-band. All over enough reason to take a closer look at this graceful rocker.

Marya, you're on tour with Lafee at the moment, who is rather known as a teenie-idol than as a serious musician. How does it run?

Marya Roxx: It's good to tour with her. Her people are all very friendly and I enjoyed my time in Germany.

If someone sees you on stage he might get the impression that you're finally doing the kind of music that you always wanted to do.

Marya Roxx: Yes, now I really feel comfortable.

On your "21?!" EP you also have a Clawfinger-cover, was there a reason why you did choose "Nothing Going On"?

Marya Roxx: When I've been in the studio I just wanted to play some cover songs for fun. Nothing Going On was finally chosen because of its controversial lyrics. This song has everything that Clawfinger stands for.

What are your other sources of inspiration?

Marya Roxx: I like different bands. My whole apartment is full of CDs. Some of my favourites are Living Color, Nirvana, Metallica, Depeche Mode, Alice In Chains, Korn, Slayer, The Answer, Stone Gods, The Ramones und AC/DC.

Your producer was Kevin "Caveman" Shirley (Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Him, Slayer). How was work with him?

Marya Roxx: It's simply wonderful, Kevin is the man! When we started working together it immediately made "click". It would be great if he would also produce my next album.

You play bass and saxophone...

Marya Roxx: I often play bass, also compose most of the songs on it. As for saxophone I haven't played it since a long time, even though I just recently thought I could try it again.

You moved to California. Did you turn your back on Estonia?

Marya Roxx: Estonia is a very small country that I love. By the way I also lived in Germany for three years that I also liked very much. But if you want to make your own thing and if this thing is Hard Rock then it means: Next stop is California!

How do you get the long tours done with your private life? Yet you have a small daughter.

Marya Roxx: Yes I have a wonderful daughter. Touring is no problem. Sometimes I have her with me and if not she spends a great time with her grandparents. She is my biggest fan!

How do you stay in shape aside of the stage?

Marya Roxx: I like all kinds of movements and do lots of sports like gymnastic, figure skating, inline skating, basketball, snowboarding, skiing and swimming.

Final questions...

The first record you ever bought?
Marya Roxx: Queen,Greatest Hits I

The best musician of all times?
Marya Roxx: Freddie Mercury and Kurt Cobain

The best song?
Marya Roxx: Too many favourites!

The best movie?
Marya Roxx: The last one I saw and that I really liked was "Watchmen".

The best TV series?
Marya Roxx: I like most comedy-series,mostly "The Wild Seventies".
frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 15:10   #2
badforgood
Loverboy

Default Re: Rock Hard Interview

Cool interview! Thanks for translating it!
badforgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 19:22   #3
Jas
Street Team Member

Thanks for translating it!!!
Really nice interview!
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 21:33   #4
Deb
Street Team Leader

Thanks frankie great interview, shame the site isn't in English as well
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 21:38   #5
frankie
Street Team Leader

Send a message via ICQ to frankie

well indeed it's sad it's only in german but that's what german pages tend to be

for german speaking members it's easy to join,ad marya roxx as favorite band and check the forum there,for other speaking people it ain't so useful,nevertheless if anybody wants to join here's how to do so:

how to get registered at the rockhard page:

if you open the rockhard page,either through the first link that got posted in this thread or by simply going to www.rockhard.de you see the page is divided into 3 sections,small on the left,bigger in the middle and another smaller section on the right. choose the right section and scroll down a bit (first there's "die aktuelle ausgabe" and then "die nächste ausgabe" and then "login").

login is the right part and for a new member you have to click "neuregistrierung". then a new window will open where you put your dates in:

vorname = first name
nachname = lastname
straße,hausnummer = street and number
postleitzahl-ort = zip-code and city
land = country
e-mail-adresse = email address
telefonnummer für rückfragen = phonenumber (but you won't need this one)
mein gewünschter username = my wanted username (take care that many names are already taken so it can happen when you enter everything and click that it shows you your wanted username is already in use and then you need to pick another one)

then click on the button "so soll es sein"

after done you will receive an email from info@rockhard.de with the title: rockhard online user registration confirmation

mine looked like this:

Hallo xxxxxxxxxx (your name)! Danke, dass Du Dich als Rock Hard Online
User registriert hast. Du kannst mit den unten angegebenen
Zugangsdaten direkt auf unserer Hompepage
(http://www.rockhard.de), dem Shop (http://shop.rockhard.de) und
dem Forum (http://forum.rockhard.de) durchstarten.

Du kannst das automatisch generierte Passwort in Deinen
Benutzerdaten (Homepage und Shop) selbst anpassen, um es etwas
handlicher zu machen.

Dein Username: xxxxxxxx (here will be your username)
Dein Passwort: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (here will be your password)

--
ROCK HARD Verlagsgesellschaft
Postfach 11 02 12
44058 Dortmund

your password will be a really long one (mine was over 20 signs,but you can later on change it into whatever you want). by the way aol members might have to look in their spammail-order.

then you go back to the rockhard page to the login area (that i described above) and you enter your username into the field "benutzer" and your password into the field "passwort" and then you click "anmelden" and you're logged in.

on the top of the page,right below ROCKHARD you see 9 links where you can click,use the 8. one which is called "myROCKHARD" and here you can create your profile. if you seriously wanna write something about yourself either let me know for further help or do it one your own.

but more important is that you put marya roxx into your list of favorite bands which there is called "meine fünf lieblingsbands". here's how to do it:

you click on the + sign at the right and another window pops up. here you can put "marya roxx" into the searchbar (left next to SUCHEN) ,click on SUCHEN and if marya roxx appears you click it and have her as your favorite band,you can do that with 4 more bands if you want. and this automatically shows you on marya's page under "fans of marya roxx"
frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 22:00   #6
Anji
Street Team Leader

Send a message via MSN to Anji Send a message via Skype™ to Anji

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this Frankie
Anji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 15:09   #7
Nicola
Street Team Member

Send a message via MSN to Nicola